Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Grandma Hazel's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies


Anyone who knows me has probably eaten these yummy cookies at some time or another. Grandma's recipe NEVER fails - I used to make this recipe all the time when I was in Bolivia and when I lived in Mexico. De hecho, mi mamá mexicana, Ethel, hace estas galletas también y las hace mejor que yo :).  Esta foto me mandó ella - ¡ qué deliciosas!

My roomie Sarah and I used to make these cookies all the time - sometimes we would just make a small batch and leave out the eggs and enjoy the yummy cookie dough with ice cream - soooo good!! 

 
Besides the fact that my grandma is the coolest grandma in the world (no debating that - sorry folks, the title has been taken), she is an amazing cook! So enjoy this ever faithful recipe. 
 
Grandma Hazel's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together in a large mixing bowl:

1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar 
1 cup softened butter (I NEVER use margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla (the real thing, no imitations here)

Beat in:

2 eggs

In a separate bowl mix together:

3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Add to creamed mixture and gently stir until all dry ingredients are mixed in – and add: 

1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. or 2 cups)

Do NOT over stir - I always mix cookie dough by hand. You can use a stand mixer if you like or an electric mixer if you like, but I never do. Drop by tablespoons full or with a small ice cream scoop (I use this option) onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment